Stop Worrying and Start Working
The habit of worry is prevalent everywhere. In today’s scenario, worry has become like the air we breathe – people cannot be seen surviving without it. Consciously or not, they can be caught worrying about the small or big things, relevant or irrelevant things in life. They have become so caught up in this that they have lost their priorities, disrupted their everyday life and few have even gone to lengths to destroy their lives. This worrying about trivial and significant stuff has not solved their problems but has only increased their anxiety and stress.
The worry habit greatly affects the everyday work life, as a result of which employees are not able to give their best at work. The reason for your worry may range from – what if I don’t complete my task today to what would happen if I die today to will I put on weight if I consume more sugar today? These trivial or significant worries can only take your mind in a spin and reduce the effectiveness with which you work. (Dubai free zone)
These everyday battles of worrying, fear and doubt are fought by the majority of everyone. No one is alone here. However, the most successful people of all time have found ways to win the battle against worry and have not taken a step back to worry since then. We give you 5 tips on how to break the habit of worrying into a thousand pieces before you break. (Business Setup in Dubai)
- Follow the Romans when they say – Carpe Diem. Carpe Diem or Seize the Day is the mantra that today’s generation has to follow. People are worried about what happened in the past and they have the habit of replaying the scene in their head many times, with each time thinking what else could have happened. Few also fast forward to the future, wishing that would happen and day dreaming that their desires would be fulfilled. Learn to live in the moment. Only today is in your control. The past is history and the future is yet to come.
- They didn’t coin the proverb ‘Don’t cry over spilt milk’ for no reason. Imagine you accidentally push a bottle of milk, it falls and breaks. The milk that is splattered cannot be used no matter how hard you try. That is the exact same case with the past. It’s all done and dusted with. No matter how much effort you put in or cringe or push or complain, it’s done and cannot be changed. Learn to accept the moment. Only when you accept, can you stop worrying and think clearly.
- Don’t let the trivial things get the better of you. Accepted that there are various things happening in your life and you have a lot on your plate, but pause for a minute and think whether all your worries will matter in the next 5 years. If it isn’t worth anything in the next 50 years, then it isn’t worth worrying about. Life is too short to be little – trivial things are not worth your time.
- Analyze your problems and solve them. Running them over and over in your head will not help you stop worrying or solve the problem. You need to stop thinking and start acting to solve a problem. Start with analyzing the problem – know what the cause for the problem is. Get the facts, analyze the facts and then proceed to solve the problem.
- Keep yourself busy! That’s the easiest way to abolish worry. Divert your mind, start doing your work whole-heartedly and that will automatically leave you no time to think about your worries. When you keep yourself immersed in other activities, then the mind will completely forget the worries that are crowded up in a corner. Remember that an idle mind is a devil’s workshop.
The worry habit can be easily broken. Consider it like a fly – it’ll keep coming back at you but once you decide that this fly is trivial and push it away, you are free from it’s disturbance. Worries are exactly the same – once you accept that they are trivial and push it out of your mind, they are never going to bother you. Don’t have an idle mind as an idle mind is a devil’s workshop.