The Republic of Mauritius (“Mauritius”) is an island nation in the Indian Ocean off the southeast coast of the African continent. The Country has a tropical climate with clear warm sea waters, beaches, tropical fauna and flora complemented by a multi-ethnic and cultural population. Mauritius is a major tourist destination ranking 56th globally.
The below content explains some of the main requirements for company formation in Mauritius.
Company Incorporation in Mauritius
Doing Business Introduction
The country has strong and friendly relations with various African, American, Asian, European and Oceania countries. Mauritius has developed from a low-income, agriculture-based economy to a middle-income diversified economy, based on tourism, textiles, sugar, and financial services.
As per Doing business report of The World Bank – Mauritius ranks 49 for 2017 survey. Synergy is able to assist its clients with any type of company formation in Mauritius , trademark registration in Mauritius and other recurring services for your business in Mauritius.
Incorporation – Business Entities
There are different types of entities that can be incorporated in Mauritius are as mentioned below:
- Joint Ventures
- Sole Proprietorship
- General partnerships
- Limited Partnerships
- Private Company
- Small Private Company
- One-Person Company
- Branch of a Foreign Company
- Protected Cell Company
- Global Business Companies
- Global Business Company Category 1
- Global Business Company Category 2
Time Frame for Incorporation of Company in Mauritius varies from depending on the type of entity selected. Each business type has its own advantages and disadvantages. We estimate the time required for the process of Company formation in Mauritius to be completed is 10-15 working days.
Benefits of Company Registration
Mauritius offers a business environment which is very conducive to investment and business growth. Below are some of the advantages of company formation in Mauritius:
- Political stability
- Sustained economic growth
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Secure investment location
- Convenient time zone (GMT +4)
- Investment-friendly regulatory regime
- Open to foreign investors and talents
- Flexible, bilingual (English/French) workforce
- Harmonised corporate and income taxes at 15%
- No capital gains tax or withholding tax on interest and dividends
- Exemption from customs duty on equipment
- Free repatriation of profits, dividends and capital
- Preferential market access to Africa, Europe and the USA
- Ocean State with one of the largest Exclusive Economic Zones in the world
|TYPE||LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY|