The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a federal absolute monarchy in Western Asia at the southeast end of the Arabian Peninsula on the Persian Gulf sharing land border with Oman to the east and Saudi Arabia to the south & maritime borders with Qatar to the west and Iran to the north.
Established on 2 December 1971 the U.A.E. is a federation of seven Emirates – namely Abu Dhabi (which serves as the capital), Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm al-Quwain.
The below content explains some of the main requirements for company formation in the United Arab Emirates.
Company Incorporation in United Arab Emirates
Doing Business Introduction
The Country is the second largest economy in the GCC after Saudi Arabia. As per Doing business report of The World Bank, United Arab Emirates (UAE) ranks 26 for 2017 survey.
Limited Liability Company permits any nationals to do local trade and services. It is recommended for companies who want to pursue retail business and global trade. Any trade except banking, insurance and investment activities are possible under UAE LLC. All foreign owner can own up to 49% of the share.
Synergy are able to assist with any type of company formation, trademark registration and other recurring services for your business in the Emirates.
Incorporation – Business Entities
There are several types of entities that can be incorporated in the UAE are as mentioned below:
- Through an agent / distributor
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Branch of A Foreign Company
- Representative Offices
- Professional Firms / licenses
- Free Zone Entity
- Joint Venture
- Mergers & Acquisition
Benefits of Company Registration
Below are the advantages of company formation in UAE:
- No corporate taxes on the profits for entities
- No income taxation for business owners or individual
- Protection of the interests of the foreign business owners.
- No restrictions at the legislative level on the currency exchange
- Leading international transport hubs
- International trade flow with the minimal costs
- Free trade zones in different parts of the UAE
- Strategic location in the heart of the crossroads of the trade routes of East and West, Europe and Asia
- Free repatriation of the invested capital and gained profits
|Under UAE Law, Foreigners||Can Own 49%|
|Minimum Share Capital||No Minimum|
|MOA and AOA||Required|
|Expatriate Staff||Can Be Hired|
|Tax Registration||Certificate Required|
|Timeframe for Bank Account||4-6 weeks|
|Timeframe for Incorporation||4-5 weeks|
|Access to UAE Double Tax Treaties||Yes|